Sunday, May 26, 2024

Count Almaviva Andrew comes to Saint Louis


 









Andrew Morstein is a phenomenal talent. In part, because of my remarkable daughter Lindsey. I've known him since he was a youth group congregant at Shaare Emeth in Saint Louis maybe 20 years ago. Lindsey was an advisor and early fan of Andrew. They enjoy a bond of friendship that endures. 

I won't do Andrew's resume justice but I've enjoyed his performances at the Pageant when he was part of an acapella group. I saw him at a University of Indiana production of Candide and now he is performing as Almaviva in The Barber of Seville. (I saw him last night, 5/25/24, at the Loretta Hilton Performing Arts theater in Webster Groves. Lindsey has kept me posted on his international performances and marriage (which was originally planned for Chicago but life happens and circumstances change). 

Lindsey and her nearly 8 year old will be in Saint Louis next week. Having seen The Barber of Seville on opening night in Saint Louis, I'm thrilled at the prospect of seeing it again with my daughter and through the eyes of her amazing 8 year old boy, Lawton.

P.S. And oh yeah, the rest of the cast, orchestra and crew have produced a wonderful and entertaining comic opera. Figaro! Figaro! Figaro! 

 




 












No comments:

Post a Comment