Sunday, May 25, 2014

Manifesto for Self




















This post was written on my iphone pretty much as a collection of notes. It contains some ideas I revisit from time to time and some randomness.

I am snarky cynical and sarcastic. I don't want to be in any club that would have me as a member. Everyone deserves a chance but not everyone is equal in talent, drive or good fortune.It isn't easy being anybody but no one is better at being you. Make the world a better place even as you will be cheated. Clarity of vision in not necessarily a good thing. As you travel through life, my brother, whatever be your goal, keep your eye upon the donut and not upon the hole. Drive fast, I'll meet you there (Maybe). If I love you, you get one get out of jail free card. Live fast. Die out of town. Keep your head while all others are losing theirs. If you have wisdom, try to give it away to someone young and more credible than you. Epitaph: here lies...he died of peer pressure. Leave the party early but never leave a baseball game until the end of the ninth. The greatest gift is given anonymously. Although I have been accused of being a leader, it is not the case. I am more likely the first one down the path of least resistance. Don't succumb to politics. Instead, change the rules of the game. Hildred said: “Rude, crude and ill mannered.”  Go Crusaders! God exists but he might not care, or worse he (or she) is laughing at you. Until we die, we cannot know that death is not the greatest joy. You may not know it now but your brother is your best friend. I will do anything for you kids as long as you remember said the woman who eventually can't remember their names. Be a fearless biller. You have talent and that has value. No effort goes unrewarded. It takes all kinds of people to make the world go around. Remember to stop and smell the flowers. Every engagement begins with the intent to be part of the solution. As time goes on you compromise and thereby are part solution and part problem. Try to avoid becoming only part of the problem. (Easier said than done.) If it doesn’t fit, you must acquit. Pay attention to negative space.  

No comments:

Post a Comment