Sunday, February 22, 2015

Poem in memory of MLM


Thanks Mom.
No big deal.
You’re the bomb.
That’s for real.

She never leaves.
She’s always there.
She believes.
Can she be everywhere?

Hear her prayer;
As she cuts the crust;
Always fair;
In God we trust.

On the move,
On the phone,
In the groove;
You’re never alone.

At your practice
On your game
From a distance - you hear your name
Win or Lose, it’s the same

Again and again
Thanks Mom
Again and again;
You’re the Bomb

Did I
Thank You?
Did I
Thank You?

You were gracious in line
Did I thank you enough?
Looking back in time
I wanted to be so tough

I  remember it all
In the back of my mind
Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall
Always so very kind

Did I Thank You?
With the passage of time
Did I Thank You?
Of all moms in the world, I’m glad you were mine.



In Memory of 
Mary Lawton Morgan  - February 26, 1922- May 31, 2011

1 comment:

  1. moving and sincere. a boy and his mom; a man looking at the totality of his life. your father teaches you to standup. your mother teaches you compassion. i have no doubt you thanked her enough. well done.

    ReplyDelete