Sunday, January 1, 2023

Holidays in Old North











The Holidays in Old North at North 14th at Montgomery featured a Tiny Desk concert hosted at U.S. International Foods offices owned by Dave and Linda Shogren. The line up from 11am to 4pm was 11am Walter Greiner with Paul Niehaus IV, 12:15 Benbow City Shiuffle (blues), 1:30 Noddin' Dave's OMG (fold and country) and 2:24 Barefoot Jones (folk rock). After stopping in to see my friend Marie Oberkirsch at Central Print I parked myself there for the duration, It was just wat the doctor ordered as I was in a reflective mood, The following poem (sort of poem) was written from some of my notes designed to help me recall some feelings and lyrics that I found uplifting, inspiring and even a poetic.


Tiny Desk Collage Poem


I should be at an all time low, but instead I’m full of hope.

The blues ain’t nothing but a botheration on your mind;

Truth in the words at a tiny desk I find.

Saturday reflection helps me unwind.

 

Junk food to the Chinese;

Listening to music as we please.

Drum from Tanzania (rhymes with Lasagna);

Big Foot Boogie and good on ya.

 

Betwixt the Stars and the Moon I dream she loves me too;

If you go down to Deep Ellum, put your money in your shoes.

Sidewalk sale, two for a dollar on the tag.

Chasing rewards in the wind. Fighting a way out of a paper bag


Thought she was loving me but she was leaving all the time.


Make me an angel that flies from Montgomery/Make me a poster of an old rodeo/ Just give me one thing that I can hold on to/To believe in this livin' is just a hard way to go


It's a wonderful life and teacher says

Whenever a bell rings an angel gets her wings.

 


 













  


No comments:

Post a Comment