Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Gone but Never Forgotten







 







I reflect as I write this poem;

Without you, this is not a home;

But I as I wander and as I roam;

I can see that I’m not really all alone.

 

Gone but somehow always with me;

Clarity now, I wish I could always see.

It is as crystal clear as it could be;

So casual and ordinary and so carefree.

 

Augmentation of family and friends;

A quality of life so completely depends;

No regrets, but if I could make amends…

The beginnings began without regards to ends.

 

From your smile on the day we met;

Not a day or a minute would I reset.

What I got was a good as it gets;

We beat the odds against all bets.

 

Thank you for being a nudge and a pest…

My dearest, I pray that you are truly at rest.

You gave all, and were truly the best.

Our babies know, full well now, having left the nest.

 

I wouldn’t trade a minute of a single day,

With kindness and care it was your way,

There is hardly anything more I can say.

There are no words - nothing anyone can say.


Love painting at top by Ben Morgan.

Photo Above: photo at Max and Mary's on Father's Day Week 2022.

Deborah (Digger) and David Schatzow.

Max and Mary Schatzow with Lilly and flanked in middle is Daniel.

Flashing peace sign is Samson with his dad on center of couch Perry (mom Autumn is right of couch). Behing me (Wesley A Morgan) is my daughter Lindsey Morgan Dewey with her son Lawton and the matriarch Toby Stevens in seafoam green and my boy Ben on the couch in light green polo shirt.  


 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment